Nowadays, technology has been enhanced enormously. We all are surrounded by a plethora of highly advanced technical devices all around us and one such highly evolved device are printers with brilliant connectivity, which enables you to print using your wi-fi network with utmost ease and convenience but as they say to ease out things a little more technologies need to be complicated a bit more. You will be facing problem of How to Find My HP Printer Wi-Fi Password
One such technological complication is the difficulty to first of all trace a password and then remember it. We often encounter such a situation when we forget our printer’s wi-fi password and it creates a lot of havoc as it disables you from using the advantageous function of your printer. Well, if you are facing problem of How to Find My HP Printer Wi-Fi Password, then this article might provide some relief to some of you. In this article you will find the ways to trace your HP Printer Wi-fi Password.
STEPS TO FIND PASSWORD
Now there can be two scenarios in this case, first, is to find the default password if you have not accessed the printer yet and the second is to find a forgotten password.
Let us start with the latter one.
In case you have to reset your password because you have forgotten it or because of any other reason, follow the given steps-
1) Locate the Home menu on your printer and click on it.
2) Press on the Right Arrow button.
3) Click on the Setup Menu.
4) Select the desired network.
5) Try to locate the Restore Network Defaults option. Select it.
6) Further a dialog box will appear, select “Yes”.
7) You will have to give some time to the printer in order to restore the default settings.
8) Trace the Control Panel, click on Win+R, insert Control Panel in the box, and click OK on your desktop.
9) In the control panel select the Devices and Printers option.
10) Right-click on your wireless HP printer icon.
11) Click on Properties.
12) Click on the Password icon.
13) Enter your new password.
14) Save the customized changes.
HOW TO SETUP DEFAULT PASSWORD FOR HP PRINTER
Steps to find Default password:
Step 1).The password to your printer’s wi-fi is mentioned in the software or the driver which is associated with your printer.
Step 2).You can navigate your user manual in order to trace the software which is controlling your printer.
Step 3).If you are still unable to trace your password, follow the steps given below:
- Click on the “MY PC” icon on your desktop screen.
- Then click on the control panel.
- After doing so, you will be able to see a menu, in this menu trace the “Networks” option.
- Click on show advanced features.
- From the dialog box that appears, click on show wireless information.
- This will help you to trace your password.
- In the wireless setting section, which is displayed on your printer. This will take you to the wireless network which your computer is connected to. This will be displayed under the SSID.
- Next to the network name, you will find a network key which is where you will find the set password to your printer.
- Once you have successfully traced the password following these steps you can easily connect your printer to other networks around you.
1. Can we connect a single printer to multiple networks?
Yes, a printer can be connected to multiple networks but there can be just one operational network at a time. Try to use your central desktop network more as it will lead to less configuration and access issues.
2. Is it necessary to set up a wi-fi password to a printer?
Yes, it is in fact a very necessary element to ensure an unhindered and long working of your printer. We all are aware of our desktops and social media handles getting hacked but what we often neglect is that our printers can get hacked too. Setting a password can help to protect your printers from such malpractices.
3. Do all printers have wi-fi compatibility?
No, this is a quite recent feature which is found on a limited range of printers, presently. If you have a printer which is more than 3-4 years old, then you might not be able to access the wi-fi connectivity feature.
4. Can I connect my printer to my Mobile Hotspot?
Yes, you can connect your printer to your Mobile’s Hotspot but the efficiency rendered by it might not be at par with the wi-fi modem or fiber networks as hotspots usually have a low internet bandwidth as compared to these networks.
5. Do I need to enter the password every time I operate my office printer?
No, if you have been granted access rights by your office’s administrator server, then you might not need the password every time. Just entering the password once can keep you connected to the printer network.
It is very common for people to face password issues in their recently bought computers. HP printers can be found in nearly all offices and home spaces and most of the new HP printers nowadays have passwords to efficiently enhance network connectivity to use wi-fi passwords, ethernet and cloud facilities. Using unknown networks can lead to a potential threat to the functioning of your printer and desktop. So it is recommended to connect your printer to a secured network and always follow the steps mentioned above in order to strengthen your network security by changing the default password.